Monday, May 9, 2011

Spring time and a garden tour

I need 
to walk out in a garden today ........
                               Let's look at the work of some fellow gardeners.





There was quite a few gardens to look at.







        This time of year in Southern California it's fun to go on garden tours. I need ideas for my garden and sometimes a garden tour can give you some easy inspiration to add a new element to your garden. I have been a little busy and so my good friend Linda great gardener that she is took some lovely pictures of some gardens on a recent tour she went on. I hope you enjoy them.








Isn't this a good idea. Once these succulents grow
they will hide the cement block.



                                      Isn't this brick work interesting!





                                                             



Thanks to Linda for these wonderful pictures now go out and play in the dirt!





9 comments:

acorn hollow said...

oh thank you for the garden tour love it so much we are just getting started here.
Cathy

Farm Girl said...

Lovely garden walk. I wish I could get mine to look like that but I never let mine stay around long enough. By the end of summer every thing is just plain ole tired.
I love looking at other peoples gardens. Thanks for sharing I need inspiration too.

Bev C said...

Hello,

Enjoyed the tour around the gardens. My that brickwork is very interesting and such a clever design.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Julia said...

Thanks for sharing these lovely garden pictures. Someone must be very busy caring for all those lush gardens. Everything looks so nice.

I love to garden but I have stopped trying adding more new variety of flowers. Now I just divide and conquer and it has become my motto. I give a lot of my divisions away every years. Now where there used to be some annuals flowers I have splashes of a certain color perennial.

I enjoyed your garden tour. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks everybody for the nice comments.I love cottage gardens the best. I liked the garden beds. My good friend Linda came over on Friday and left me a cd of the garden tour she went to.I just had a chance to look at it today. Megan is still in the hospital. Thanks for your prayers. Cheri

Kim said...

It is so nice to see all the lovely gardens. I needed that today as it is day #3 of heavy rain. I thought it was supposed to be April Showers - not May! lol

Courtney said...

These gardens are so colorful and creative! Makes me want to get my handy trowel out...
Courtney

Rugs and Pugs said...

Beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing!
Hugs :)
Lauren

...Miss...Maddie's... said...

Your gardens there are in full swing... our's have just begun.
Lovely photos.
Susan x