Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A lot can happen in a day

A Christmas Quilt ,the Wonder dog on Vacation and my first look at my grandbaby…

Sunday I spent the day doing my borders on my quilt and cutting out the 12 days of Christmas words. I like how it is turning out. It felt good to be creating something. My cousin started her vacation and I decided I would chronicle a little about where Jax the Wonder dog goes. Lol

I was able to finally see Baby Jack Steven at eight thirty last night. Baby is still in the nicu . So it was one grandparent at a time. Grandpa Jack saw him first and then I patiently waited.I felt the baby was named after him so he should go first. Of all the babys he was by far the cutest in the nicu. Of course I didn’t look around at the other babys but headed for his spot like a new grandma .Lol! It is such a wonder to see a new baby! No pictures yet but hopefully sometime soon. I didn’t get to hold him because they were monitoring him. Baby Jack already has a personality he doesn’t like being fussed with. Lol

This is Jax at Chula Vista RV park. That Jack Russell is such a natural poser .Maulie my shitzu would demand a dog cookie before she lifted her little paw off the ground. Cheri




  

16 comments:

Saundra said...

Dear Granma Cheri ~ Congratulations m'dear and I'm quite sure that he WAS the most beautiful child in the world; after all, we grammies always think ours are the bestest.

Enjoy each moment because it is amazin how fast the last 7 years have flown by with my grandson. Seems like just a few weeks ago he was an infant and I was changing diapers.

Farm Girl said...

So glad you got to work on your quilt I can wait to see pictures of your grandson. That is an awesome picture of that dog.
I hope this is an easier week. Praying for you and your family and baby Jack. :)

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi It has started out better I went to the quilt store and bought some little fat eighths and deadheaded some plants. Who would of thought that just having to think about nothing would feel so good. Cheri

Courtney said...

I am so glad you were able to visit with Master Jack! I can't wait to see pictures! How is his dear Mom doing? Hopefully gaining her strength...it's hard to feel poorly and be a new Mom! I am keeping all in my thoughts and prayers.
Courtney

Larkrise garden girl said...

I am sure all the prayers that everyone sent out will help her get better soon. He is so cute!

Nancy in MT said...

I'm so happy for you and your family. You have been blessed.
Nancy

Larkrise garden girl said...

I know Nancy,Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
I'm just catching up on a number of your posts. I just can't keep up.
First and foremost ~ CONGRATS on the grand!!! I hope everyone is doing well.
Do you do bobbin lace? Your hubby made those? They are very cool. My mom started learning bobbin lace when she was in her 70's. I have one or two small things she made and have the padded frame thing that she worked on.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lauren, My daughter learned to bobbin lace and she needed more of those wooden things. How lucky to have her frame.Isn't it funny how we all love to dabble in all sorts of things.Cheri

Toni aka irishlas said...

Congratulations on your grandbaby! How exciting. We're expecting our first grandchild late summer.

Blessings to you and your family.

Julia said...

Cheri, I'm so happy for you that you got to see Jack. I hope that your daughter is feeling better and is regaining some strength. This must be so hard on her. I'm keeping them in my prayers.

I'ts nice hearing that you are relaxing with your new quilt. I can't wait to see a picture of Jack. Hugs. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks everyone.Toni I know you must be excited.It's hard having a baby you all know.Thanks for all the prayers for my family, Cheri

Sandra Evertson said...

That pup is adorable!
Sandra

Larkrise garden girl said...

My cousin dog Jax the wonder dog is a really smart Jack Russell. He is in Newport Beach right now hob nobbing with the rich and famous Lol!

Dog Trot Farm said...

Cheri, Congratulations on your new grandson, looking forward to seeing pictures of the precious little one. Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I have added your wonderful blog to my side-bar so I can now keep up with you. Blessings from Maine, Julie.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Julie I love your pictures and your posts. Maine looks so inviting! I love when people comment it's like having a bunch of pen pals. Cheri