Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday wait and see


 Strawberry walnut bread

Distracting ourselves






This week seems like forever. Megan being in the hospital worrying about her and when she is going to have the baby is like walking around with a pit in my stomach. I wanted my blog to be about happy things like quilts,gardening,rug hooking and simple happy things but I feel like Life has stepped in with all it’s scary moments. I Spent the week with Megan at the hospital. It’s amazing how you can see how kind some nurses are and how some are good nurses but just don't have that human touch.Today is my day off and her hubby is with her so I can get caught up with everything.   So instead of having pins and needles at the hospital I am waiting for a phone call from her hubby.  Even my husband is exhausted. It’s amazing the circle of love that feels the pain of it’s family member. Mike Jack and I are so pooped. Even her dogs need extra cuddles because they have never been this long away from Megan.                                           

Mekenna is the one I worry the most about she is a very sensitive cocker spaniel and she stopped eating so I had to hand feed her. I finally added a bit of cheese and now she’ll eat her food.

Instead of hooking at the hospital every day I had heard about a book on the radio while driving.   I ordered it from the library and I am so glad I did. It’s called The immortal life of Henrietta Lacks. It’s a true story about a woman and  the first immortal cells grown in cultures.  These unusual  cells that keep on reproducing have been used in many scientific research studies long after she has died. I would highly recommend it if you like history.




Second Loaf
 I then decided I wanted to make the Strawberry Pecan bread that Dog trot Farm blog had talked about. So I went on her blog tracked down Coop Keeper who had written about it and Finally the original recipe was on All Recipe.

Remember my experience when I made a cake for Hubby for valentines Day . Well this turned out better. I know my blogging friends who are bakers would be proud of me. I have to thank Dog trot Farm for spiking my interest. I used walnuts instead of pecans.

Do you ever just want a boring day. A day you can just be thinking what can I do today. A day when you can just be in a state of routine doing laundry watering running to the super market. That sounds like an odd thing but I just want a boring day.
                   
I included some more pictures from the garden tour Linda went on.
Have a nice weekend. Cheri

13 comments:

Kim said...

I hope you get a boring day soon and all the hospital worries go away. I know how exhausting it can be just sitting around there.
I wish you a day lounging by that beautiful pool in your last photo.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Kim, I am enjoying catching up with everyones blogs. That pool looked so refreshing!Cheri

...Miss...Maddie's... said...

Wishing you a boring weekend and that all is well soon.
Susan x

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Susan,Cheri

Courtney said...

I want a boring day too with all crazy things resolved. I hope things go smoothly with your daughter's pregnancy. I can appreciate how stressed you all are. I keep her in my prayers. The bread looks so good...homey and comforting!
Take care!
Courtney

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Courtney, Thanks for the prayers, The bread was yummy.I am glad I put some bread
in the freezer. Cheri

Jayme said...

I LOVE boring days! Love them! I'm so glad you liked the bread...how fun to come here and see it. I was so excited to see your blog name - I'm a HUGE Larkrise fan! I just finished the entire series, and I want more! More! It's my one weakness. : -)

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Jayme, The bread was great! I am a average cook so when I told my husband I was making strawberry pecan Bread he looked at me like I was making mud Pies.Lol. I used walnuts and used the four cups and it turned out great! Larkrise got cancelled. I loved it I especially liked Thomas brown and his wife and Dorcus of course.

Joanne said...

Boring - Drama free days are the best - you never know what you'll get into. The strawberry walnut bread looks awesome! Wishing the best for your daughther and your family and the four legged ones too.

Julia said...

Hi Cheri, I know how agonizing it can be just waiting and feeling so helpless and just wishing that things would return to normal. It will soon be over and it will all be behind you. Every day is one day closer. I will keep your daughter an her unborn baby in my prayers that everything will go well.

This must be exhausting for your daughter also the poor thing and I feel bad for her dog. Everything will be OK. God's blessings. Hugs, Julia

Farm Girl said...

Yes, when my kids though are in a situation and there is nothing I can do about it, seems to make it worse. I only get the things that need to get done and being creative is all gone. I know you are exhausted and I had to do that with my Son and daughter-in-law and I know how hard it is my thoughts are with you and I will be praying for your family.

Orange Sink said...

Hi Cheri,
I like your idea of keeping busy with baking the bread! It keeps the mind busy and you have something delicious to help soothe frayed nerves.
Hoping all goes well and your family( including the doggies) gets some relief soon!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Larkrise garden girl said...

I have the best blogging friends. Keeping busy is the best thing. Looks like another week to wait for baby.Thanks for encouragement and prayers, Cheri