Saturday, April 23, 2011

Maulie and Jack's Walk about in Crest

          

Every day after work ever since we moved back to Crest Maulie and  hubby go an a walk about.Last night I had a eye opener! As I slave over the oven making dinner my hubby changes his work boots and he takes a quick look at our manipulative Maulie and depending on her dog face off they go.They turn right on our dirt road and then within five minutes the world changes into the great outdoors. I usually grab Morris if he is roaming outside and make sure he doesn’t follow them on their  walk abouts just for his cat paw safety. 
When we were in the city for our brief time there weren’t that many country places to walk but now since were back in our Crest Hubby and Maulie go exploring.I thought they were on the pavement but  No they were on their great adventure a man and his little pampered pooch. Lol 
  I asked Jack to take the camera and show me where they go on their Walk abouts. Since were a town on top of a hill there is a lot to see. It's surprising sometimes how close true nature is.Crest is surrounded by big beautiful mountains. I had no idea how far they were going walking.

After about an hour those two will show up with muddy feet ,panting happy faced shitzu and a happy relaxed hubby.. Now that I have seen where their going I told hubby to take his cell phone just in case and Maulie well wouldn’t she be a dish for coyotes. I started wondering Maybe he should have a stick in case he runs into some wild animal. (Did I tell you he saw a mountain lion years ago driving up the hill to Crest.) . He laughed and told me he would protect Maulie’s honor with his pocket knife. I thought for a second forget Maulie’s honor how about her hide.




                                     .
                                   There are houses all over the sides of Crest.


                                                      big bird nest




                                           Up on top of that rock pile is a house.

Ok is it just me but isn't this a road for mastiffs or hound dogs not for Maulie!
                           

9 comments:

Courtney said...

Brave and stalwart pooch to accompany her master on these marches! What beautiful country! I think a walking stick and maybe more might be in order! LOL
Have a great Easter!
Courtney

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Courtney, I just loved his photo's and couldn't wait to post his pictures.Happy Easter, cheri

Julia said...

Cheri, I's be so worried for my pet and my husband. I guess I'm not much of an adventurer like my oldest daughter Great pictures. Happy Easter. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia,It was a surprise how far out those two were. I didn't worry til I saw their pictures their pretty though.Your oldest daughter likes adventure? Is she the one living in another country? Cheri

Kim said...

Ooh, it would be a beautiful walk. But I totally agree with you - he needs to take a big stick.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim just a walking stick would be good. Hubby did see coyote droppings so I think a walking stick would make me feel better and a cell phone.Cheri

Leontien said...

oh wow you really are in the middle of nowhere! haha i thought i was out there!?!

Thanks
Leontien

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Leontien,I hope you had a good Easter. What's great I live outside of San Diego county which has millions of people but Crest is up on a Hill. So it's the best of both worlds.Nature nearby but still close enough to get to the city. The big threat is wild fires.Cheri

Paige Puckett said...

Hey! Stopping by to let you know you won "Roots, Shoots, Buckets & Boots" by Sharon Lovejoy. Please send an email to info@lovesown.com with your mailing address so I can send you your copy.

- Paige
http://www.lovesown.com