Monday, April 18, 2011

A Birthday girl No it's not the dog it's me!

Maulie has a summer cut for spring. Maulie looks out the window starting her day with me.
                                                                                              
Well I opened my curtains it’s a new day and a Birthday for someone I know . Me! I am the such a little child at heart and love birthdays. My friends have been celebrating with me all week. With presents and trips to lunch. I feel like a lucky lady. So today I am going to be a little bit of a self absorbed person and tell you interesting things about me.


Does that sound stupid? but if you can’t talk about yourself one day of the year oh well!


I loved this Rose arbor at a nursery outside of San Diego.
 First funny facts about me

In my short Life I have been chased by a moose and kissed by a whale. (the original Shamu at Sea World) Some whales don’t know how to kiss and they feel like they are socking you in the jaw. I think he misjudged his kiss. I wonder has that ever happened to you on a date when you were younger?hummm.

The moose chasing was in Wyoming while living there. We were in the bighorn mountains sightseeing and there was a big bull moose laying in the meadow minding his own business. As my friend and I went to explore and get closer to this big animal he got up and started galloping after us. He finally stopped and I still have a picture of him behind me and of course I was posing.. I have told this story before but I thought my new followers might like to hear it.

I am probably the only girl to get robbed at a drive thru dairy store where the robber returned, gave me the money back. I was 19 at the time and I told him to stay right where he was at after he returned with the bag of money. He complied and the police arrested him. It’s a very funny story that when I was in superior court in San Diego and as I described him robbing me and stating “Give me your money” repeating it to me time after time at least 3 times! I was just looking at the robber not realizing I was being robbed. Finally frustrated he pulled out his knife and that’s when I said “Do you want the change?” I cannot tell you how funny it sounded when I said it in front of a jury. They all laughed! He returned only because a lady pulled up in her car  and I pointed him out as he ran to his car and she got his license number.Smart thinking on my part I think.


 
              I love my daughter and son in laws fish pond.                                                     



Buena creek nursery a real peacock!

I have enjoyed all the wonderful blogger friends that have shared their stories of their lives with me. So as I finish my coffee I look out at this wonderful world good and bad and think I am blessed to be still here .Everybody have a good day! Hugs to you all Cheri

12 comments:

Kim said...

Well, Happy Happy Birthday. I like to celebrate all week too!
But "Do you want the change?" HAHAHAHAHAHA
Love it.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim, I surprise myself sometimes what comes out of my mouth. Lol cheri

Orange Sink said...

We are blessed that you are still with us Cheri! A true Wild Child you are!
Happy Happy Birthday!
Cathy G

Christine LeFever said...

What a trip; the story about the robber. You are hilarious! And of course, who wants to kiss a whale? The moose would have been so scary, and yet you had the wherewithal to pose. Hello! LOVE that rose arbor too.

Happy birthday, Girl!

Sharon Lovejoy said...

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Wonderful gift of a Meyer lemon. What a thoughtful friend.

Secondly, I giggled as I read about your robbery and being chased by a moose and slam-kissed by Shamu.

This was so much fun.

Love and best wishes,

Sharon

...Miss...Maddie's... said...

Well here's to wishing you a very Happy Birthday. A perfect day to toot your own horn.
May there be many, many more...
Susan x

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday! I love the stories about your life! I hope you have a joyful day!
Courtney

Larkrise garden girl said...

Wow! you all are making me have happy tears hugs Cheri

Julia said...

Cheri, I'm always lagging behind everyone for my comments. First I want to wish you Happy Birthday before the day is gone. I hope that you had a great day taking care of having fun.

Girl, you have some serious first in your short life. With all these big mammals chasing and kissing you, what's a puny robber as compared to a moose and a whale. Seriously, you have a handle on some serious business. I'm totally amazed. Wait a minute, I just remembered that I got chased by a longhorn bull when I was a young girl but I've never been kissed by a whale though. I hope that your day went well. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, I have been having a great day!I had a busy weekend so today I am playing in my garden. I can't believe you were chased by a longhorn bull. Ow that would hurt if he caught you. I am going over to a friends to hook on Wednesday I have to finish some hooking! I got another follower today that was so wonderful! Hugs Cheri

Joanne said...

Cheri - Hope your day and week are wonderful Celebrate for a whole month like my friend Kathy! Love your stories - I could just image you and the robber and you and the moose! Oh funny! Hugs to you on this day!

Toni aka irishlas said...

Happy Birthday! Thanks for sharing some of the stories of your life.