Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Udderly New Idea for my Hooked Rug

For all those that wonder what is Back to Larkrise doing on Farm Friend Friday.Lol! I Know I don’t have a true farm but I use to have chickens and I am going to be getting some in the future!But to me a Farm is a state of mind A love of Animals the Country Life.I can't have a true Farm but I can show Farm animals in my Rug hooking and Quilting. There are so many enjoyable hobbies that display the pure Farm Life that all of us wish we could enjoy everyday. So my Farm In Crest California  is filled with My critters . A crazy Orange Kitty and a loveable Shitzu. I enjoy waking up to the sound of Hawks, blue jays, woodpeckers and I do hear all sorts of chickens and Roosters in my neighborhood. My neighbor does  raise a pig for the fair every year. Oh and I did Spin wool at The Del Mar Fair one year. Lol..



MOO!
Hooking my Rug!
 I have been perplexed on what to do with an area which I had ripped out. I looked at some old appliqué patterns since I can’t draw and I realized when all else fails Hook a Cow!


It would be perfect for my hooked rug. I have my black angel, My hearts, Church and a cow would be my animal. I am so relieved. Sometimes you have to put a rug away for a couple days to rethink what you want to do to it. Because frankly it makes you crazy!

                                         My 12 Days of Christmas Quilt I am still working on!



The Cheri Fan club met last night which is a group of ladies that love Cheri Payne quilts. We had such
laughs and worked away on our Cheri Quilts.There is a lot of handwork but I love her primitive quilts
so it's worth it.
Last night I was working on my 12 days of Christmas. It has a lot of hand work. Cheri does alot of wool applique so what I don't use for Hooking I can use for my Cheri Quilts.
New fabric at the County Loft  had come in and I found a perfect blue homespun for the border!

It’s like all the stars aligned for me.I still have to do my hand stitching and sew the blue border but it's getting there.

So I am udderly Happy Today I am going to plant a Lavatera bush and a Butterfly bush and work in my garden!

18 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh, you toy with us folks in New England!! I'm going to plant a butterfly bush indeed! ; ) I can see an inch or two of my butterfly bush sticking out of a giant snowbank! I love your quilt...can't wait to see the finished project! Also, you gotta love a cow!
Happy digging and planting,
Courtney

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Courtney, I feel for you all.Really I do!I hate to say it but my girlfriend just called and were going to the Spring San Diego Home and Garden show in Del Mar which is near the Ocean on friday.I am really looking forward to going to see what's new in the garden.When is the normal spring season in New England?Cheri

Lori said...

I just happen to be cutting out the pattern pieces for this and did a quick search to see what other people were doing. I love your red background. Is it wool? I am going to be using a grey linen for mine.
I hope you had a nice day in the garden.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lori, It's a red cotton. I got tired of using black as my background. I also did Sew Primitive pattern that one all I have to do is put the pattern on the border!I Love Cheri patterns their like little pieces of folk Art.Grey Linen sounds great where did you get that?

Pink Satin Sashes said...

I knew it!
Larkrise to Candleford...my daughter is watching that series, and I will be soon...

I love all the BBC puts on!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi That is the best series! I am sad that is being cancelled. I have enjoyed watching it from the beginning. Even though I had to find it on U tube to see the early shows.I love BBC too.Cheri

Alla said...

I love your little quilt. I quilt too, just not all the hand work. I've always wanted to try rug hooking. Just haven't done it yet. Maybe someday. I like being outside gardening, hope your garden day was wonderful.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Alla, I love gardening too. I wish I could clone myself.I do enjoy too many hobbies.There is just not enough time in the day to do all the things I like to do, Cheri

Alica said...

I have to admit, I'm a bit envious that you can be thinking of planting in your garden now! While I love the change of seasons, I've had ENOUGH of winter! Have fun :) and thanks for visiting my blog!

Lori Skoog said...

Thank you for finding my Journal. Yes, our cat L'orange Marmalade looks just like your Morris. I also love your dog! Checked out all your posts...you do nice work. The 12 days of Christmas quilt!Wow! The trip to the five star hotel was sweet too.

Buttons said...

Love your quilt. B

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Alica, Your blog was great, A blog hop is fun, Southern California is fun this time a year but come Summer we dry out and we worry about wildfires. Since were surrounded by mountains in Crest.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Buttons for the compliment, Cheri

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lori,Like I have said a million times Orange cats have the best personality. My Morris is crazy!I do enjoy working on projects and I love depicting animals and country life in wool Quilts I do, Cheri

Teresa said...

I love your cow. You certainly do have it right--farming is a state of mind more than the amount of land you own.

Millie said...

A goat--it should be a goat, not a cow. We goats are much nicer.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Goats are cute too!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Teresa,I do love animals in everything!