Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thursday and It's 83 degrees and I am talking about wool!

  I can't believe this is the end of March and the temperature is suppose to  get to 88 degrees in inland San Diego which includes Crest. I love warm weather but 88 seems a little too much like summer. I worked on my Wool Crazy quilt last night after class trying to get ready for my wool border.There are several ladies going to wool events this weekend back East how lucky can you be!
I am going to sprint down to the mailbox this afternoon to see if the wool from Heavens to Betsy is here for our wool  giveaway. I know you all are getting excited!



I have a list of of things to do today.First and foremost dig a big hole so I'll have to run and get some planter mix. I bought a beautiful climbing Rose and I need to  get it in the ground. My Morning Glories are going crazy and of course their being invasive on my deck.  Next on my list  plant some old seeds and see if they grow. I have gone through at least a dozen weed wackers which end up with burned up engines so I have to pull weeds instead until my hubby gets the big wacker out. So as you can see today is a busy day. The sun does feel good I must admit and Morris is enjoying laying on the rail of the deck surveying the park. The weeds in the park are getting tall so I wonder if were going to have goats arrive to munch.The last couple years the park gets a herd of goats to eat all the weeds for wildfire prevention. I love when  the goats arrive and I can watch  them all day while I garden.It's  also interesting watching the dogs that herd the goats and how protective they are of them . I am rambling time to get to work. Cheri


  







11 comments:

Courtney said...

I love having a visit in your garden. Keep us updated with rose pictures and all of your flowers in general...we're rather starved for warmth, plants, and good rich earth! My azalea is fat with buds...I can't wait! Oh I wish I could see those goats. My corgi Gus would love it!
Courtney

acorn hollow said...

I can not wait to complain of the wamth. we are waiting for 12 inches of snow to fall tonight,
I love seeing your garden it gives me hope
cathy

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Cathy and Courtney, Is it just me but is this a long winter back East? 12 inches of snow
wow I feel for everyone.I am glad you like my garden. I had to keep stopping and finding some shade today even with my hat. It's hot! I am going to run up to the mailbox in a hour and see if the wools are here.I had to water my pumpkin plant it was getting droopy. The best part California's drought is officially over! Cheri

Toni aka irishlas said...

I love how they utilize the goats for weed control! That is awesome.

I'm still waiting for Mother Nature to cooperate to do any outdoor planting. I'll have to satisfy myself transplanting some of the seedlings I've started indoors to larger pots.

Have a wonderful weekend

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Toni, The Goats are used effectively on sides of the hills and in the park. They have a goat herder and they pin them up and they munch on a area and then move the temporary fencing and then munch munch munch. It costs money so I am never sure how the funding is this year in California. But If they come I'll take pictures, Cheri

Joanne said...

Oh sure rub it in with your weather! Just teasing - snow this morning and it's gone now with the rain - there is hope when I see pics like yours of your garden! oh and in my book, wool is a non-seasonal topic of discussion!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Joanne, I can't believe how much snow back East is having. I saw the weather and it doesn't look like fun.Spring will get here for all of you pretty soon I hope.Wool is wonderful! I am running down to the mailbox later this afternoon hoping the wools come so I can take pictures and start the give away!Cheri

Leontien said...

88 degrees!!!??? ohhh i am so jealous!!!

Your garden looks beautiful and i just drop by a couple more times today just to see it, cause if i look to mine... phfff... i want spring!

Thanks!
Leontien

Larkrise garden girl said...

Leontien, Spring is almost here it's like Winter wants one more blast back east You poor gals. I am going to transplant some Iris today and a butterfly bush that's in the wrong spot.Soon enough you'll be getting a chance to play in your gardens.Cheri

Chicken Wrangler said...

Thanks for posting the pictures - at least I can see what springtime weather looks like, even though it doesn't look like spring here in Michigan! No scratch and sniff flower photos, however - that is disappointing!!! **hugs**

Larkrise garden girl said...

I cannot believe how long the weather is staying cold in parts of the country. I love all your information on chickens. Hugs back Cheri