Friday, March 18, 2011

From San Juan Island to my Friday morning



 As I wake up this morning I look out my window and realize how lucky I am. Yesterday I visited my daughter  and on the way home stopped at some  wonderful plant nurseries. I bought a beautiful Rose and an interesting Geranium. I love cottage gardens and so Geraniums are a must. I need to get working  on my rug hooking . I have been a little distracted.My rug hooking group meets Tuesday and I really want to have something done.
I have been running back and forth to visit my daughter because she needs a little help. Megan is having a baby shower in April. Yep I had a big secret. My daughter and son in law are expecting a baby! It's been touch and go and boy am I getting some new grey hair. Lol !I have never been a grandma and I laugh at my self I go from being excited to just not believing it. I wonder can I Love a baby more then my Maulie! Lol I am Teasing! Having MS brings more complications but I have been educated that there is no reason a woman can't have children just because she has MS. So it might  be a little challenging at times but I know what strong people they are, they'll be great parents. So as I look out my window I think I have to plant my geranium,plant my rose and count my blessings and that's a good way to start the day!
                         
                                            more photo's from San Juan Island by Megan.

8 comments:

Courtney said...

What good news!! You must be so excited. All the best to your daughter and her husband!
These are beautiful pictures.
Courtney

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Courtney, Thanks I just started telling my friends in my rug hooking groups. I was keeping it close to my heart. Megan will be 7 months April 1st. I still can't believe it. Cheri

Julia said...

Hi Cheri, soon you will be a grandma. What wonderful news. Here's hoping that everything will go well for your daughter and baby, and al concern of course.

It won't be long now but the waiting seems long for those who wait. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, I am excited but it is a long six and a half months so far.I am making a simple little quilt for the little baby. I have so many projects it's crazy,I am trying to keep as busy as possible,It still is hard to believe except there is that baby belly,Lol.Cheri

Julia said...

Cheri, Sorry to hear that already you are having a bit of radiation from Japan. It's so unfortunate... I'm wondering how it will affect the fruits and vegetable gardens. Will they be safe to eat?

Are they telling you to stay indoor or not to worry?

Stay safe. JB

Christine LeFever said...

My very best wishes to all of you and the baby. What a lovely life you have. I enjoyed my visit!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, No they have monitored all parts of California and I was a little worried but they insist that the radiation fall out were getting has been sooooo diluted that it is like going outside in the sun, it is in the millionth in particles.As the fall out crosses the ocean winds it get diluted thats good. They are saying Do not worry. I am not worrying. At first I did but all the experts are insisting there is nothing to worry about.I told Megan to stay inside just in case on Friday.That's my don't totally believe everything you hear part of me.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Christine, My daughter enjoyed her visit to San Juan Island and she took so many lovely pictures,I sure wish I could visit San Juan someday it is so beautiful.I try my best to
write about things I enjoy and others might find interesting.Cheri