Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Tuesday Touch of Green in California

                              Tuesday Morning and a Sunny Day  




Tuesday morning and a touch of Green.


I keep hearing about the snow back East and you poor blogging friends are getting hit hard. So This Tuesday I decided to send pictures of green. It rained yesterday but today it is Sunny in San Diego County and so I went outside and took photos of wet grass and plants that think it’s Spring. As I unload my boxes in the house I also have to redo my garden. I need to weed wack the grass but the grass is still wet so here goes with Green!


                                  Daisys and a Cecile Bruner Rose that should  have been cut back.


                                      All the plants are blooming even the lavender!








                                                 New Buds




                                             This is my front yard view of the park with wet grass





This park was at one time full of huge 100 foot trees.  I could never see the homes across from me but alas the fire came.We had the Cedar fire burn up parts of San Diego county and Crest and so what was left had to be cut down. Over 200 homes were burned in my community but most of the homes were rebuilt. It’s been over  seven years since this happened so Crest has lots of big homes now. Mine is from the 1930’s and one of the original cabins from when Crest was a place where people went to get away on the Hill.

 

13 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh, to see, touch, and smell lavender right now would be heavenly. All we see is white, white, white. Lovely green. Thanks so much!
Courtney

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Courtney, I am glad you liked it. I lived in Sheridan Wyoming for a couple years in the 1970's and there was a season where snow was on the ground til May.It was hard to take. I missed the color green. Cheri

Julia said...

Thanks Cheri, how seet of you to send us some pictures with green grass. I can't wait to smell the smells of sping with the early flowers blooming.

I love to dig the ground because mother earth is so anxious to please us with new growth. I get amazed at the endless variety of life that spring forth in the Spring. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

I love gardening and I can hardly wait to dig in the dirt in a couple of days when it's less wet.Cheri

Kim said...

Cheri,
Thanks for reminding me what grass and greenery looks like. I had pretty much forgotten every color except white! Lol

Larkrise garden girl said...

No problem,I feel for you guys! I am off to my one group class that I do at night, Cheri

Joanne said...

Ah there is hope - things are green somewhere! Thank you for sharing!

Anne's Original Hooked Rugs said...

Hi Cheri,
Looking out my windows two weeks ago looked like this;however, now we have plenty of the "white stuff" and more to come...Good days for hooking when one doesn't have to get out...ok by me...:)

Larkrise garden girl said...

Your right Anne, It's fun to hook when for us it's a rainy day or it's cool weather. I bet your having a cozy day next to a fireplace or wood burning stove hook in hand and creating more wonderful rugs. Cheri

Chicken Wrangler said...

I have huge trees all around our little cabin in the woods - and they're loaded with snow on the tippy tops of the branches! Nice to see some green somewhere - gives me hope again! I love the bird house you pictured. It's so quaint!

Larkrise garden girl said...

My husband Jack makes birdhouses and anything I want him to make out of wood.He turned that pole the bird house is perched on with a lathe and made the birdhouse.Jack can even make wooden bowls on a lathe!
He loves woodworking and trains so both of us love projects which is good since we both love to work with our hands. Cheri

Karen Whittal said...

How absolutely beautiful, I loved the photo's

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thank you Karen, I just talked to my girlfriend in Missouri and she is going to be hit with another
snow storm.I was just giving some green foliage relief.Lol Cheri