Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hummingbird

Today as I sipped on my coffee as I sat in my husbands big comfy recliner I could see someone wasn’t having a good


Day. There was a blue jay sitting on top of a birdhouse claiming his new home on a rainy day and for some reason

A Hummingbird was diving at the blue jay. To see the little hummingbird diving away at a much larger birds reminded me of David and Goliath. The only thing I could think was that the hummingbird had a nest near by.

I thought of all the little moments of Life that remind me how every creature struggles to be warm have a place to live and protect what they Love from the littlest creature in my yard as I look out my Window.

7 comments:

Kim said...

I guess it's not just humans that protect their turf!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Your so right Kim,Another rain storm is coming so I am busy making sure I have enough dry wood.
I love having a fire going during the day.

acorn hollow said...

Oh I can not wait for sping and all the colorful birds coming back. Love the picture of poppies.
Cathy

Julia said...

Humming birds are such amazing brave little birds for their size it's a good things that they are not larger. They weigh no more than a feather, I know because I held one in my hand which I rescued from the mouth of my black cat named Kitty. The bird was unharmed and set free. What an experience. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Cathy and Julia, I saw this poppy picture and loved it.
What an experience Julia. To hold such a small little bird, I bet it's little heart was going fast.One minute it was in someones mouth and then Rescue!

Courtney said...

I love hummingbirds. We can see them in the spring from my classroom window. We look out onto our school's courtyard. We are lucky! We see all sorts of birds there. Sometimes we all rush to the windows in the the middle of a lesson to see what's going on in nature. I like thinking about the feisty hummer.
Courtney

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Courtney, your lucky you have a view of nature during the school day.We have a lot of birds in Crest and it's quiet during the day so I can hear all the different bird calls. We have Crows to hawks to ordinary birds it's fun to hear them all chattering.