Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Hookers Rip heard around the World!

                             Have you ever been frustrated with a Rug? Like Maulie I am puzzled
                              about my current rug.

                                                                                                                            


O.k. I know now why hookers charge what they do for a pattern! It’s not easy. I have always wanted to make up a

Rug hooking pattern of my own. A rug hooking that shows my varied interests. That is what old time rug hookers did why can't I ?   So I have been working on a simple rug and well last night while watching T.V I just saw I was getting nowhere the color, the design I just knew goodbye hooking!

It Was a night of the Rip!

I just didn’t like so much of it. I took out the lettering it was too dark. I needed something on the side of the rug. I had hooked a little chicken but it looked like I am not sure what.Lol So today I am going to try to pick it up and see if I can put something else in my rug that I will like better. I am not an artist so I relay on using old appliqué patterns I have in my quilt room and adapting them. Wish me luck.

                                                           Morris on the Mend



P.S Morris is still sleeping a lot but he has been getting up for chow. His paw must have gotten bitten. It swelled up and now it’s normal size .Morris is definitely on the mend. Morris is walking on it and definitely feeling better. Mr. I can’t stay in my yard has moved away from the front room and now he is in the bedroom away from Maulie and snoozing.

                                                          Morris grooming himself.

                                               On a more positive note . I enjoyed this book!

10 comments:

Courtney said...

Yes, ma'am! Rugs are frustrating. I do rip out sections if I don't like them. Others have advised me to not do that. But, if you're a bit color challenged, like myself, then you need to try a color and change it. I have that book too. It's great. Poor little Morris. He seems very content in the bed.
Good luck with the rug and don't forget to give us a peek!
Courtney

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Courtney, Taking a break from hooking.I am color challenged also. I have been hooking all morning. Morris is 95per cent healed. Were having a storm so he is being a good boy and he is now walking without a limp.Well back to work.
When I get further along I'll post how its going. I love the primitive style of faceless cloth dolls, black dolls. I have hooked a black faceless angel holding a basket,a heart with leaves and another big heart.I also have a church done . I want an animal or wording in the part that I ripped out. Cheri

Kim said...

I feel your pain! It is frustrating. I can't draw worth beans. But I really have to HATE something before I rip out large sections. I find that sometimes if you just keep going to eventually comes together.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim, The chicken color was really wrong you couldn't tell what that it was a pecking chicken.It looked bad. I got alot done so I am happy.There still is alot to do but I can start hooking the back ground pretty soon.
Cheri

Julia said...

You sound like me with trying hooking some realism in my rugs but I admire how rug hookers will boldly use some ridiculous color and their rugs looks great. I'm my worst critic. Good luck with your rug. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, I am just trying to just try out colors and creating a folk art rug. It might be hit and miss with a rug but thats how hookers were in the old days when they would hook things that they enjoyed.Cheri

Verde Farm said...

I can imagine how frustrating that can be. I’ve never hooked a rug but I admire all of you who do--they are gorgeous.
PS--congrats on winning the giveaway :)

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks, I was so excited to win Cheri little Quilt.!Rug Hooking is enjoyable. I have met so many women all over the world who are great Rug Hookers!I am plugging away with my Angel primitive rug. This Cheriin Crest

Anne's Original Hooked Rugs said...

Morris is identical to our Goldie, as you said in my blog...
and yes, you know the frustration I have too when trying to design and use colors that sometimes are not suitable...the one I am hooking now has had me tear on my hair more than once....Keep on hooking and things will work out...

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Anne,At least you can draw! My design is a simple one very primitive but thats O.K with me. I am just trying to get out of my comfort zone and express myself a little. I am still hooking . I am off to some Hooker friends tomorrow and hook. I am determined.Cheri