Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday and a trip to Simpson's


                                





                                          It's Friday and I am playing Hooky!

                                              Playing Hooky with a friend,



 Boy I needed to get out of the house! I have been  working away unloading box after box. Sorting all my books which I love! Sorting everything as I decide where I am putting all my stuff in my house. I never throw anything away and I am at the point that I am having a AHHHH HAAAA moment!   If I haven't read the book  that I have been saving in the last couple years  Pass it on! That was a big decision. Lol
   I needed a little Friday break today from my usual house routine this last month. So I picked up my girlfriend and we were off to Simpson’s Nursery in Jamul. I love Simpson's when you leave their nursery they cheerfully hand you a nice cold apple to munch on! Talk about service with a smile!
I bought one little plant at Simpson's it was perfect plus it put a smile on my face too!I was going to purchase some basil but I think it hadn’t warmed up enough so the basil looked a little droopy.  I chose wisely and bought a little flower that will spread.
                                                                  Osteospermum hyprid  

                                                          

Linda’s garden is filled with interesting plants. Here are some close ups of her California Native plants!
That are blooming in February.



 Morris on Friday
 

11 comments:

Julia said...

It's always nice to take a break but there's nothing like visiting a nursery to bring on spring, I love, love those yellow flowers. They will light up your garden.

Throwing things away is always difficult but when we bring stuff in sometimes we have to weed through our stuff just to make room. It happens to me all the time after years of accumulation. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, It is difficult to sort what your keeping and what your giving away. I had such a nice couple of hours going out with my girlfriend. Tomorrow I am going to work in my garden.I bet your having fun being a grandma.Cheri

Verde Farm said...

I am so ready for flowers. I planted that exact plant you bought last year. It is an annual here and it was beautiful. I love that purple hue in the middle around the eye. I would love to have flowers in February :)

Courtney said...

Cheri,
Thanks for sharing garden trips and flowers! We here in the northeast are beginning to despair that Spring will never come. I love that somewhere in the country there are garden centers which are open in February! LOL
Have fun planting!
Courtney

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Gals, I keep seeing on the T.V. about the hard winter and here in San Diego County our concern is getting enough rain before summer hits. I thought my blogging friends would enjoy seeing some California plants. I think the best thing about blogging is just seeing and hearing about everyones lives. It's like having pen pals with pictures.Lol.

Anne's Original Hooked Rugs said...

Beautiful flowers indeed. We can only wish right now...can't see my garden for snow.....
Hope we don't get rain for a while or we will be under water.... :)

Larkrise garden girl said...

I bet with the snow your getting a lot of hooking done!

Kim said...

I love the yellow flowers! It would be great to walk around a nursery. It will be a long time before we can do that here!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim, I am glad you liked the yellow flowers.
I thought they were pretty.

Melaine said...

Wow, the only green thing in my garden is the handle of my snow shovel, lol. We have about 5 feet of snow on the garden.I think it will be quite a while before we see any spring flowers. Nice to know somebody has a lovely garden this time of the year. Enjoy

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Melaine,Five feet of snow yikes! I feel bad for you gals that are getting hit by all the snow this year. I am enjoying my plants! Lots of
birds this year.I think I heard an owl in my large trees while I was walking to my garage , Cheri