Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Extraordinary Women

I have been blessed with knowing Extraordinary Women in my Life time.Women who dive into Life!




I don’t think it’s luck I think it’s my blessing to know Women that use their lives with grace. Many of us who are younger then our friends can sometimes learn so much on facing Life’s challenges by our friends examples. Extraordinary Women are Women that have their own personal lives they lead and then with any extra time give it to their church their community and their friends.

My friend Janet is such a person. Janet gives to her church by organizing a prayer quilt ministry. When my daughter was first diagnosed with MS Janet had a quilt made by her church and all the knots were prayers for my daughter. It was such a gift when we were all reeling from the shock of her illness. You can’t imagine how a simple quilt can bring comfort.

Janet volunteered to drive people around to doctor appointments in her community. How many of us  when we have some free time drive strangers around out of kindness. Janet also is a volunteer as a Tip volunteer going to traumatic events to help people at a crime scene or crisis event. Police need help as they do their job with the family members who are traumatized and Tip volunteers are such people being on call once a month and on the crisis scene being a kind shoulder for total strangers. .Janet is not a spring chicken but instead of sitting at home in a nice sofa by the fireplace Janet goes out in the middle of the night to not so pleasant situations. Recently Janet has had one operation after another and now she has  Breast Cancer. Janet is one of the strongest faith driven women I know and she will handle this latest challenge with biblical grit. I am sure I am not the only person in this world to know an extraordinary  Woman .Prayers for a good lady you don’t know but you would love as a fellow rug hooker and Extraordinary Woman.

10 comments:

Kim said...

Janet certainly does sound like and extraordinary woman and a wonderful friend to have. I will pray that she can conquer this next battle.
Kim

rainy sundays dolls said...

Hey there!
Just wanted to give you a shout out, i to am a fellow Larkrise fanatic lol!
I live in UK , and live 2 hours from where it is filmed it is a truley beautiful part of the world :-)
The last ever episode is being shown here on Sunday, and i just know i am going to cry lol!
My favourites are Queenie, Minnie the maid and of course Miss Dorcus Lane ;-)
The show is a constant insperation for the Rag dolls and Teddy Bears i make.
Keep watching!
RSx

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hey back, I just found out they cancelled it . I was so bummed. I love the show and I especially love the scenery and people of Larkrise. My favorite is of course Dorcas lane
and Thomas Brown . We are still having reruns in the United States so I am not sure when we'll get to see the last episodes.It was a great series that show'd a wonderful quality of
English Country folk. I loved it, Keep in touch and tell me if it ends o.k Cheri

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim, Janet is such a good lady. Plus a good rug hooker. I have friends that have beat breast cancer and I am sure she will be one of them.I am a strong believer in Prayer and I know she'll be fine. Extraordinary Women come in all aspects of Life and some go out in the World and help others. But I must say the daily grind of a close love ones troubles and being there always for those that need you can make you Kim a Extraordinary person, Cheri

acorn hollow said...

Many prayers for a special woman. My aunt has two children that have been dignosed with MS one son and one daughter. My prayers goes to you and your family.
Blessings
Cathy

Julia said...

Cheri Janet sounds like a wonderful person who has a lot to give and is selfless. I pray that she beats this breast cancer and that she willo return to do the things that she loves to do. Thanks for sharing this. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Cathy, Wow I have never heard of two kids in the same family.My heart goes out to your Aunt. Our only daughter was diagnosed 2 and half years ago or three it's been life changing.No one in both sides of our family had ever had MS.I am slowly learning in Life everything is a period of adjustment and then you go forward the best you can. I am truly blessed with friends that just show a strong character in adversity and my hopes are to also show true grit in Life and to always find smiles along my way.P.S Janet is a strong woman and I know she will take this challenge like all her challenges.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, Thanks Janet will be back to our Rug hooking group soon. Janet is such a kind and nice person. Janet's way of looking at Life is contagious. I only hope that some of her matter of fact attitudes in Life's challenges rubs off on me.Have a Good Week with Grandbaby! Cheri

Courtney said...

It is such a blessing in this life to know strong women! Your friend sounds wonderful. I will send good healing thoughts her way.
Have a good night,
Courtney

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Courtney