Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday Morning and finally my Chicken coop picture on Sunday

Chicken Coop with No Girls         I put in new batteries and here is my update.
                                                      This is the door I painted on friday but now I
                                                      want it painted Yellow. This will do during
                                                      the winter but I want it the same color of the house.
                                                      The pickets for the front of the Coop are my moms
                                                      40 year old fence. Windows are my neighbors old
                                                       windows he gave me.

My plan for today is to clean up my chicken Coop and do some gardening in the front yard . Put some of my Signs on my chicken Coop up, plant my pomegranate bushes, Repaint the front Door of the Coop. This sounds like a  good Friday! Lets see if I accomplish it.

I'll post pictures later this afternoon at what I accomplished , Cheri


                                                 Pomegranate bush  under the goose.
         
                                             These were taken this afternoon, I cut and whacked all
                                           sorts of plants .


                                               I planted six of these Pomegranate bushes


                                     Maulie running to me! The Coop Door was painted but my camera
                                    battery is dead so hopefully my husband can find some batteries. I have
                                    no clue where their at.

9 comments:

acorn hollow said...

good luck on your list of chores. I wish I could garden I shoveled today again!
Cathy

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Cathy, Spring will get here soon enough! I did alot I felt like Tom Sawyer. First I painted a small picket fence and I painted the Chicken coop door,weeded and planted and transplanted plants. Hopefully my husband can give me some new batteries and I can take my chicken coop picture.

Julia said...

Cathy, I'm so envious of you that you can dig in the soil and plant something. Our ground is frozen solid and under about 6 inches of snow. I always love to turn the soil and I get excited to see even pesty weeds coming to life so I can yank then out, lol. Good luck with getting done all that you planned. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, How's the grandbaby? I worked so hard yesterday and now I am off to my daughter and son in laws to visit them. Have a great Saturday! cheri

THE OLD GEEZER said...

Greetings from Southern California :-)

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You, ~Ron

Verde Farm said...

OH my gosh-I LOVE< LOVE<LOVE your chicken coop. That is the cutest thing ever! I am amazed by the coops people design. This is giving me great ideas :) So glad you posted a comment on my blog. I am now following you--would love for you to follow along with us if you have time :)
Amy

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Amy, I love ideas that come from blogs!I love using found objects and old windows look cute on coops. I just make sure to close the windows at night so no coyotes or anything that would harm my chickens would hurt them. I can hardly wait til spring and I get some new girls.I loved your blog!Cheri

...Miss...Maddie's... said...

Maulie is just so cute and able to run through the beautiful green grass. Nothing but snowdrifts here.
Love the chicken coop... so when do the girls arrive?
Susan x

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Susan, Is it a bad winter it seems like all my blog friends are knee deep in snow? My chicks will probably be at feed stores in spring maybe April. I don't want them too soon because I start them in a basket in the kitchen with a light and then to the garage and then to the coop.Their such babys when I start out and I don't want them to catch a chill.I hope Maulie behaves herself with them. Cheri