Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Four thirty in the morning yawn..........

New Wool Swatches make my Rug Hooker heart Sing!








 Last night Morris the cat that refuses to stay in at night woke us up out of a dead sleep with a cat scream that would rival any horror flick. It was four thirty in the morning and my poor husband is at the front door calling Morris. We went back to bed another Cat howl. That was it my husband got dressed flashlight in hand and starts calling for his Orange pussy cat as he walked all over the yard in the dark of the night. Finally Morris comes in with his tail  which was puffed up like a puffer fish. I have no idea what was in the yard but that cat scream was insane.



So happily I noticed the mail this morning and there are my swatches of wool from Heavens to Betsy! I love the wool colors. So as I work away today at home I have to decide which colors I should pick.


Morris


8 comments:

acorn hollow said...

I vote a little of everything wonderful colors
Cathy

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Cathy, They are really pretty colors of wool, Cheri

Courtney said...

I love the textures of these wools! But don't ask me to choose, I'm color challenged this week. (See today's blog post!) ;-)
Courtney

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Courtney, I went to your great blog, hang in there! I have a tip, if you have a bright ugly wool color that your not happy with you add a little bit of tide to a small pan of water on your stove .Then add the wool,It will seep out some of the overly bright color and you can use the wool without having to over dye it.Add a little bit of vinegar to set it. Cheri

Kim said...

Well, I am a wool-aholic so I would want them all!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi kim, I am with you!

Anne's Original Hooked Rugs said...

Beautiful wools and my gosh, the cat looks exactly like mine....... :)

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Anne, I know and he plays with my Maulie Shitzu dog the same way!Cheri