Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas decorating fa la la la!

 La La la La La!    

   







                                                                       This is one of my Early Rughooking
                                            She comes out at Christmas.




                     

I Think I have finished decorating for Christmas!. Since I am moving back to Crest I have been packing my sewing room and as I replace things on the walls I am putting up my Christmas decorations. I have slowly started the task of deciding do I really like a decoration or not?. Just because a dear friend gave me something I liked 20 years ago maybe our taste change as we get older. I have a primitive side of decorating and then I have a little grandma in the kitchen style of tins and cookie cutters and old aprons. So at least one room will be filled with the Joy of the Holidays and the other rooms have all sorts of boxes in all shapes and sizes.






                                               I have never known what those plates say.Oops i need to fix the Santa that fell.





              Another  snowman I made years ago. Boy it looks primitive !




                 Do you ever wonder why you just don't finish your quilt?
I finally finished my Snowman quilt.
             This Quilt has been sitting for at least three years.
              I just needed to bind it.I machine quilted it myself.




                                   Blessings to All!

5 comments:

acorn hollow said...

what wonderful decorations and sweet quilt.
I need to get off the computer and finish my decorating.
Cathy

Julia said...

Cheri, your decorations looks awesome. I love the primitive look but my home is an open plan and doesn't lend itself well to the look but I like the look any way. I love your quilt and that poor melting snowman is precious. Have great weekend Cheri. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Cathy and Julia, Thanks for the kind words. I still have more pictures to share but I ran out of time. My daughter is stopping by tomorrow for a belated birthday.I am going to make a cake first thing tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing her and her husband. I am so happy I finished that quilt!

Sandi said...

Your rug hoocking is lovely, thanks for sharing them and thank you for the lovely comments you put on the wool crazy sew along blog about my huswif. I had fun creating it.

Check out some detail pictures on my own blog at www.shhdesigns.blogspot.com

Sandi in New Westminster B.C.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Sandi, I have been working on my wool crazy forever. I actually am in one of JoAnns class that she teaches at the country loft in La Mesa.
JoAnn Mullaly is the nicest person and such a fun class! Everyone's wool crazy looks different.Mine has lots of animals. I look forward to looking at your blog. Cheri