Monday, January 14, 2013

Quilts, Knitting and Rug hooking

Here are the pictures of what I couldn't post yesterday. Saturday Country Lofts  new class schedule was out and  the shop was full of women signing up for classes.It was hard to take pictures because of the crowd but I tried.



















I'm back I downloaded Google chrome and it worked.
So here are the pictures I was unable to load.This is my first knitted hat.
This is a darling gift from my friend Linda. She was on vacation and stopped in Cambria. Hearts Ease was a shop I loved to visit whenever we were on vacation. Linda was so thoughtful and bought  the garden stone at Hearts Ease. 





I am progressing slowly on my rug but I am getting there.





                                                          I am still plugging away on my sock.





My new sock

10 comments:

Julia said...

Cheri, your socks are lovely. I love the rust, white and grey yarn.
I'm glad that you got your pictures uploading problem solved. Wow, all that beautiful quilting. Everything is so beautiful.

Hugs, JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, Thanks I am determined to be a sock knitter! Thanks for all the help with blogger.I am sitting here sipping my tea a fire going and Maulie bugging me wanting to play.Have a nice week keep warm, Hugs Cheri

Gayle said...

Loved seeing all the samples from the quilt shop open house - I'd love to make one of each! LOL I love Cambria too - such a beautiful setting and fun little shops everywhere - I'd like to go back again some day. I have a friend who has knitted SO many socks - she ususlly does them both at the same time so they turn out exactly the same size and they finish together too! Some kind of special needles I think.... Your rug is so cute - can't wait to see those fish hooked into the border....

Saundra said...

Glad to have you back and I figured it was a matter of Googld Chrome.

Your rug looks like it is almost finished and it is delightful as always. Great knitted had and I'm jealous that you can knit socks. I tried without success so gave my varigated sock wool to a local friend who knows how to make socks.

Saundra

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Gayle, I love Cambria. It is such s cute little town. There is an inn we stayed at above the town that has gorgeous gardens, Hugs Cheri

Kim said...

Wow, you are becoming an expert knitter. That sock camp is paying off. I guess I haven't seen the rug for awhile because it looks like you have been busy. I've been trying some different teas lately too but I always go back to plain old regular.

Farm Girl said...

What a great place to be able to go sew, and hook and I tell myself I am going to find that shop someday.
I love your little rug.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Kim, I am enjoying my knit class so much!The great thing about an on going class is I have help if I get confused.Hugs Cheri

Nancy in MT said...

The first quilt is my favorite, what is the name of it. I follow you on Pinterest already and you always have great prim pins.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Nancy, I love your quilts. Blackberry primitives the Maine Project is the name of the pattern. Cheri